Question
Posted by: Liza | 2009/06/12

Grrrrr. Why do I let myself get upset!

My boss asked me to do a quick favour for our client. Just to write a small computer program to fix something for her(the women who works for our client). Unfortunately she' s a b1tch if she doesn' t get her way and what she has requested is physically impossible. I tried to explain, but she just said " FINE, its OKAY, LEAVE it"  (imagine very snotty tone of voice). I' m shaking right now. I really hope that she complains to my boss so that he can tell her that I' m right!

Maybe just nidge her gently, by saying that you feel so sory that you can't think of any way to produce a program that would do what she is asking for --- but that you'd like her to ask your boss, as maybe he can think of something ( and prepare your boss for that call, before speaking to her ). And then let go, and leave her to snarl at herself.

3
Posted by: Wondering wonderer | 2009/06/12

I always wonder about people like that. What are they like at home? Do they have friends? What does she talk about when she is with family and is she a b1tch with them as well?
I had a boss who was llike your client. And I was SO shocked when I once saw pictures of her with her husband and friends at a braai. Somehow I couldn' t picture her having fun with friends.
Strange people.

Reply to Wondering wonderer
Posted by: Liza | 2009/06/12

PS. I' m not going to call her again. It will only open me to more abuse from her. She' s not a very reasonable person if she can' t get her way, so trying to have a reasonable discussion with her is like trying to stop the tide. And everybody in our office knows this about her!

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Liza | 2009/06/12

Luckily I told my boss about the issue I had with the program I had to write before I even sent her the program. So there won' t be any problems there!

Reply to Liza