Posted by: Gesiggie | 2008-10-30

Grown cat started peeing on bed

Good day,

I have two grown female cats, and one of them (not sure which) have started to pee on our bed, whether we are home or not. The cat doesn' t pee anywhere else in the house? It also only seems to be on my husband' s side of the bed? Not sure if it is intentional? We got a puppy about 3 months ago, and one cat does not seem bothered by the change, while the younger one seems a bit skittish around it, could this be why?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dear Gesiggie

Stress can cause a bladder infection so it is important to rule this out. It can also be behavioural due to the new addition. Buy a Feliway diffuser and do not give the cat access to the bedroom. It may also help if you put one or two covered litter boxes out in the house for a start.

Posted by: Chill | 2008-10-30

Could be hormonal - are the cats spayed?

Could be insecurity - specially if there' s a new puppy.

Could be laziness - easier than going outside.

Could be some bladder infection - if this seems possible, a vet visit is called for.

Meantime: keep the bedroom door closed!

Reply to Chill