Question
Posted by: Mandi | 2008/10/21

Growling stomach

Hi Guys,

For the past 2 weeks or so my JR' s stomach is constantly growling and making loud " bubble and squeak"  noises. It doesn' t seem to bother her, but it’ s not normal. It' s loud enough for me to hear it when she is about 2 meters away from me.
Her stool is pretty normal (except for a bit of jelly now and then).
She is fed Pedigree dry pellets and canned food in the mornings.

Could this be a digestive problem (indicated by the occasional jelly-like stool), or has she suddenly developed a sensitive stomach?
Should I try giving her one of the vet-brands of food, or can I try one of the Protexin products on her food?

She was de-wormed 4 months ago, but could it possibly be worms again?

Dear Mandi

Go for one of the vet-brands, use protexin for a month with the change over. Worming should be done every 3 months.

3
Posted by: noisy | 2009/03/17

I have been periodically suffering from this
sometimes the noises are so loud that it is audible to one and all(it is alot louderthan before)
i aso used to feel movement in my tummy. Strange as it is only supposed to happen in pregnancy
is there something like this

Reply to noisy
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/21

Just as a matter of interest , my boxer used to have the same problem .... but it was a problem that occurred "  occasionally" 

It didnt take long before I twigged on it was bones causing the problem .. they selldom get bones but I used to give them both the odd bone .... and that same night the tummy trouble started ....

No more bones .. end of problem ....

Reply to Carol
Posted by: v | 2008/10/21

Eco vets' s eco lax and diaree helps with stomach problems.... we use it for our gsd. He used to get stomach upsets often and then it is vet bills... thevet recomended it and it helps... we also give him natural jogurt over his food once a week to keep the flora in balance and he is a happy chappy.

Reply to v