Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/03/03

Growing breasts at 48 !!!!

I am a 48 year old woman and had a hystorectomy 13 years ago. For the past year and a half my life stated to change as I started with intense hot flushes, sleeplessness etc.
But what worries me the most is the pains I have started to experience in my breasts - shooting pains around the nipples, feeling almost like the arrival of the milk when a woman breast feeds (I last did this 20 years ago!).
Since the start of these " shooting"  pains my breasts have started ''growing'' and I have had to start wearing bra''s at least one cup size larger. I am currently on Livifem, my first month, but i can almost feel that on a daily basis my breasts getting bigger.

Is this a normal effect from menopause?

And although i still keep the same eating habits, followng a very healthy diet, I put on some kg as well as cm around my waist.

Should I continue to worry about my breats? Should I see a doctor?

It is not usual for breasts to grow in the menopause. It is usually the opposit. See your doctor about this. The weight gain unfortunately is common.

1