Question
Posted by: cj | 2010/07/10

growing

I wrote to you about a year ago regarding growth
Your response was that I needn''t worry as people sometimes experience fast and slow growth spurts.
Well, i''m turning 16 soon, and haven''t grown now for about 4 years. I am pretty short and It effects my self-esteem and outlook. My father and mother are the same height as me, but I would like to grow a little taller. I have read about growth suppliments and injections ect. Do these products work? Aren''t there natural methods to increase one''s height? is it even possible that I could taller?

Also, my voice. I experienced purberty earlier than most of my friends. My voice broke, but not completely and it''s been tis way for 4-5 years now. Sometimes its deep, sometimes very high pitched. I can''t seem to keep one tone.

Can you please help me?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi cj,

rather than taking chances with different approaches I would suggest that you go and see your family GP to discuss whether any interventions are necessary. Our height is one of many aspects of us that is determined by our genetics, and we all have to work with what we are given in that regard! However, in some cases medical interventions with regards to growth exist, so first stop will be with your GP and take it from there.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/07/26

Hi cj,

Reply to Teen expert