Posted by: Johan | 2009-09-17

Grooming problems

We have a 7 year old -|- er Spaniel. Is there any way to keep his coat short(ish) without taking him to a grooming parlour or using an electric trimmer at home? He does not like the shaving equipment and it only distresses him everytime it has to be done. I have heard that you get a type of brush/comb that combines a type of internal blade system, that actually shears/cuts the hair as you brush/comb him. Does anybody know of it?Any other sugestions on how to keep the coat short would also be appreciated. I do not want to use any type of sedatives to get him groomed. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Johan

Dear Johan

I do not know about the internal blade system. Phone a reputable groomer in your area.