Question
Posted by: Brakkie | 2012/10/03

Grooming

Hi there, me again.... :)

Both my doggies are TERRIFIED of being groomed, to a point that my husband has to go in with them to hold them and keep them under control.

I would not groom them, if I had a choice, but they get so hot during summer and it would be cruel to leave their coat long.

Is there a tranquiliser of some sort that I can give them? I was advised by the Vet to give them Rescue, but it ain''t working.

Thank you kindly.

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Brakkie, sympathize with you! However, there is an easy way to get a dog to accept being groomed and that is TTouch! I have seen hundreds of dogs that were scared of grooming, having their nails trimmed, certain parts of their bodies touched and after a session of TTouch their whole perception of the experience changed. If you would like to know more about this amazing modality, please dont hesitate to get in touch with me at scotty@scottysdogs.co.za Take care, thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2012/10/04

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert