Question
Posted by: SHARON | 2010/08/24

grooming

i took my chows - adult 6yrs and puppy 10mnths to the doggy parlour for a cut , they asked which one , I said lions cut - when they came back , they looked terrible , they are shaved from back to halfway across the body , the older ones whole front leg was nicked badly , and had bad diarhea , when I phoned them , she said it is the lions cut and that the older one wouldnt stand still thats why she got hurt , I have put some vaseline on the area , is there anything else I can apply and also is this acceptable service , I really don''t want to take them back there , but they look terrible ,

Hi Sharon

Sorry to here about your unpleasant experience.

Just keep the wound clean with salty water and apply sudocrem . The vaseline my slow down wound healing.

I would advise that you use a different dog parlour. If the dog was difficult to handle then they should not have attempted the clip.

2
Posted by: Chill | 2010/08/24

A lion cut should shave everything below the last rib, so ''halfway across the body'' actually sounds about right.

Most grooming parlours have charts with images of what the various cuts look like, so that you can indicate on there exactly what you want.

As to the dog being nicked - that is pretty well unacceptable, if you ask me. If they haven''t the experience to handle dogs, they have no business being dog groomers.

I wouldn''t take any dog of mine back, if it was injured like that. I once got a dog back with a piece of pantihose still tied around her muzzle - she ''''tried to bite"  which I totally refused to believe... they had forgotten to remove the pantihose - the colour happened to blend in with her coat. I have no idea how long she''d been like that - couldn''t drink or pant. They got a sizeable chunk of my mind, and not one cent''s worth of further business from me, needless to say.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/08/24

Hi Sharon

Reply to CyberVet