Question
Posted by: Desire | 2008/06/21

grommets

My two year old daughter had to get grommets when she was six months old. about a month ago i noticed the one grommet in her ear but it is still about 5mm into her ear and i am scared to remove it. the problem is that she is constantly fiddeling with this ear and i want to know if i shold remove it. it can be stuck to the eardrum asi can clearly see it. the other thing is that i can see wax so i want to know if it is safe to use some cerumol to see if this could maybe dislodge the litlle tube. and if so, may i use the cerumol in her other ear as maybe the grommet is still in the drum? i am not willing to pay the ENT R350 for something i can do myself... but can I?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You can ask your GP to remove the grommets, as you might damage her ears when trying to remove it yourself. You do not have to consult an ENT.

Kind regards