Question
Posted by: Millicent | 2011/03/24

Grommet

My one year old just had the grommet inserted on the 22 March 2011.I was given theExocin eye drops for his ears.I just want to find out if it will be of any problem if i dont use the drops in him.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Millicent

You should discuss this with your ENT, as it really depends on the state of his ears. Children generally do not like eardrops, but they will tolerate it better if your warm the drops to body temperature with your hands before inserting it, and also take your time to calm him down.
The drops are uaually given to clear up the problem in the middle ears, and are important, as this is why he needed the surgery in the first place.