Question
Posted by: Mari | 2010/05/01

groin pain

I have a problem with Lumbar 3 and 4, the nerve touches the spine and I wonder if it is possible that I have no back pain but groin pain, so bad that sometimes I can not walk, it feels like my leg is giving in and it can be either in the left or right groin, it changes. I am only 52 years old and have times (after sitting in the car) that I can not walk at all for a couple of minutes. What can I do about it?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

A nerve in the lumbar area can certainly cause pain as you describe, but another cause of pain in the groin can be from the hip joints e.g. arthritis of the hips. You should have an X-ray of your hips as well

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/05/02

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum