Question
Posted by: Mitch | 2009-06-21

Groin Injury

I play soccer and it feels like i have pulled my groin it just gets sore everytime i stretch it, sprint and kick with that leg. What do you suggest to try fix this?

Hi Mitch

Rest, to begin with. The groin is a terribly frustrating one, because it's difficult to fix up - it seems to hang around forever. So you need to rest it, because every time you stretch or sprint or kick, you aggravate it slightly and go back to the starting point.

Then it's important to work on strength. So once you've rested for a week, then you need to strengthen it, without stretching it. That means being in the gym, maybe even seeing a physio and having it properly rehabbed. That's never great news, but the best way to fix the problem!