Question
Posted by: Jessica | 2011-01-20

grimbeekj@out.co.za

I have a 4yr old and twins of 18months and do not want to have more kids but I was wondering if I could donate my eggs? How does it work and will someone actually bennifit from this?
Is it true that you only produce a certain amount of eggs in your lifetime? I would really like to help someone have a little pink foot.

Dear Jessica

I think it is very noble of you to think about oocytes donation for patients who may require it. People that would benefit from oocytes donation would be young ladies that have either undergone surgery for removal of their ovaries or they may have premature ovarian failure. In addition patients that have a history of infertility with very poor ovarian reserve or quality would also benefit from oocytes donation. There are organizations that deal with donor oocytes that can be contacted and it would be unethical for me to give you their names on this forum. Your best bet is to contact any fertility unit that is close where you live.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-01-26

Dear Jessica

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert