Question
Posted by: G. | 2013/01/30

Grieving

Hi CS

I am wondering why is it that often grown children show love and appreciation for their parent(s) once the Parent(s) have passed on? While when alive their parent(s) are largely ignored, except for special occations like birthdays.
I am not saying this is the norm, but I know such cases.

Thanking you
G.

You're right, it's not the norm, but yes, it happens. You may love someone, but not necesarily like them, and vice versa. Maybe after someone dies, you're more able to remember the love, unobscured by some of the unlikeable things about them ? What do other readers think ?