Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008-11-18

Grievance - continues

So the Managing Director asked her yesterday (she wanted the weekend to think if she' ll appologize or go the Grievance route) what has she decided - she said she' ll do a letter last night and give it to him.

Up to now nothing has happened. I then completed an official form and gave it to him. He gave it back to me and said she has today still.

I just cannot believe this. I feel like walking out on this job - something I' ve never done.

Do I have no right? Someone can abuse me and then SHE has the right of decision when and if she' ll apologise?

I even said to him as an Employer you have 48 hours to sort out a verbal grievance and then you need to accept my written one he just smiled as if to say - this is not serious.

He also said he wishes she' d just apologize so that we can go on because if he needs to get someone in it will cost the company a lot of money.

Im so frustrated and cannot get on with my work or sleep properly as this eats at me all the time.

Maybe I should take an extra ad-pill today.

I don't understand your manager at all --- if YOU are aggrieved, you surely have a legal right to requiest a grievance procedure, without needing the consent of the person who caused the grief. What he's doing is like saying you can only lay charges of burglary with the consent of the burglar ! Maybe it'd be wise to consult CCMA, Dept of Labour and a labour lawyer --- this guy needs to learn some basic law and procedures.

Posted by: Been there Done that | 2008-11-18

I have had a similar experience, believe me your manager is as incompetent as most who have had no training in the Labour field. Do yourself a favour and go the procedural route. Submit your grievance and if he does not respond it is your right to go above his head. If you do not and later things get worse you will have shot yourself in the foot. No record- no recourse

Reply to Been there Done that