Question

Grey thinning hair

Dear Doc

I' m a 22 year old male at stellenbosch University. I currently under alot of stress at the moment with regards to work and personal issues.

My hair is thinning as the days go by and I have many grey hairs!! I' m really worried about this. Is it genetics or external symtoms? I take a multi-vitamen along with selenium,St Johns Wort and Omega 3+6 tablets. So hopefully that along a with a normal diet would exclude unhealthy eating habits as the cause.

Any suggestions or cures?

Kind Regards

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Your best advice would be to consult your family doctor who can examine you and take some blood tests to exclude medical causes for the hair loss. Of primary concern are hormonal changes such as Thyroid and testosterone but other medical causes such as certain anemias should be excluded before blaming stress only.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2009/11/16

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert