Posted by: Thandie | 2009-04-17

Grey, swollen toes

Morning Doc,

I am a 28yr old lady, I have flat feet and they have never caused pain before, however since last year, I have had pain in my leg, foot and toes, it all starts by being itchy and make it difficult to even put my foot down let alone walking. I visited my doctor and he diagnosed athletes foot, gave me all the pills and ointments.........after 7 days, it was still the same, He then refered me to a foot specialist - who made arch supporters for me. I then had to buy shoes that would assist, in easying my this day I live on Myprodol as the shoes and supporters do not work, my toes are currently grey and swollen, I have tesped for diabetes and Hypertension and the tests came back neg........could you please help me as I am in pain as I write.

I strongly recommend that you consult a vascular surgeon to evaluate the blood flow to your feet and legs. The grey discolouration concerns me and can be due to poor oxygenation of the tissue. The constant pain that does not subside is also very worrying.

Please let me know what the outcome is.