Posted by: hk | 2009-10-07

grey hairs

i am 35 years old indian male and am rather concerned of noticing the amount of grey hairs developing on my head. I am coming to a situation where I am not grey, niether am I black.
someone told me that if I dye my hair black, i will get greyer even sooner. what is the best dye to use, without damaging the hair and creating an unsightly look. should I visit a salon for this. I saw someone who dyes his hair black regularly and you can notice some " red"  tips on his hair once theve grown for a while.
please assist.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi HK, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately the only solution for graying hair (loss of the hair follicles ability to produce pigment) is to dye one’s hair. Your best approach would be to consult a reputable hair salon and ask for the best dyes on the market for your specific hair type. As far as I am aware dyeing one’s hair will not increase or aggravate the loss of pigment.