Question
Posted by: Flygal | 2009/01/21

Grey hair-Help

I am a 29 old female who has problem with grey hair which results in me having to colour my hair very often. Is there anything I could take to prevent this, any vitamins I am lacking. as I think I am quite quite to be going through this. Please help

Dear Flygal
Some people just gray earlier than others, taking vitamins or supplements won't help unless you have a deficiency.
It is often genetic - have any of your family members developed gray hair early in life?
Other causes could be due to thyroid disorders, vitiligo ( a skin condition where the skin loses pigment) , vitamin B12 deficiency, and anemia. Ask your GP to check for these with blood tests.