Question
Posted by: David | 2009/12/15

GREY HAIR and only 22 :(

Morning

I' m a 22 year old male student. I have many grey hairs and its starting to worry me big time!! I dunno if the grey hairs are a result of poor diet although, I like to think I eat pretty decently...sure there are months were I eat terribly. I often take a multi vitamen, omega3+6+ selenium tablets. I was on Ritalin for some time. Don' t know if that can be a factor. Also I was on Roaccutane for about a month. Dunno if that might have caused my grey hairs. I am under a huge deal of stress. I gym often and I' m often happy so dunno if i' m that ' stressed'  out.

Is it normal for lots of grey hairs at my age? Should I worry or just understand my genetics aren' t the most colourful  )

Oh ya and do you recommend semi permanet hair dyes. Apparently they wash out after every use. So can' t be that harmful.

Kind Regards
David

Hallo David
Premature graying is often hereditary but can also be caused by thyroid problems, vit B 12 shortage, smoking, stress, anemia. I think you should ask your doctor to do a thyroid function test and full blood count, if all normal, go for the hair dye bottle - you can use a semi permanent or permanent colour - and one gets a product specifically for men.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/16

Hallo David

Reply to cyberdoc