Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-07

Grey hair

Hi, I am the youngest of a\ll my sisters, yet I have sooooo many gey hairs. It is so bad that I need to colour my hair twise a month.
Is there anything I can do to slow this process down a bit.???

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately there is nothing on the market that I am aware of that will reduce the process of graying hair. However, I am concerned that you are noticing a larger and earlier amount of grey hairs than your older sisters.

Both Thyroid Hormonal changes and vitamin B deficiencies may be a cause of premature grey hair. There is also a genetic link so if your parents turned grey early there may be an associated link. Smokers are also more likely to turn grey early on in life. My advice would be to consult with your family doctor who can examine you and take some blood tests to determine if there is a medical reason for the grey hairs you have noticed.