Question
Posted by: lyn | 2011/04/04

greentea caffeine

i just found out that greentea has caffeine. Quite a dissappointment as I am not a coffee or tea drinker but addicted to greentea.
Is thsi a bad thing. Should I stop greentea in my diet. I dont believe in drinking caffeine laden drinks to stay up or get energy. Have i done thi dto my body by drinking lots of green tea?

Dear Lyn
Green tea is basically the same as black tea which has not been fermented, so it would contain caffeine. This may be why you are 'addicted' to green tea. There is no harm in drinking beverages like green tea, black tea or coffee which contain caffeine, provided you keep your intake in the moderate range. Having 10 cups a day would cause excessive caffeine intake and lead to side-effects like insomnia, irritability, etc. So moderation is the key!

1

Dear Lyn