Question
Posted by: KB | 2010/04/15

Greenish - yellowish discharge with a really bad smell

Please can you tell me what this is? I have this discharge - its like a greenish - yellowish colour and it really smells bad.... It is extremely embarresing and i dont know what to do. Its also watery. I go through about 5 - 6 panty liners a day!

It could be Trichomonas See your doctor to make a diagnosis.

4

Posted by: Girlygirl | 2010/04/16

The cream that I was on was called Dalacin VC.
I had a look on the internet, and the only thing that cures Bacterial Vaginosis (which I am assuming you have as my symptoms were identical to yours!) or a similar vaginal infection is the antibiotic Clindamicin, or Flagyl, which is only available by prescription.
Over the counter stuff isnt as effective as the creams that a doctor will prescribe. My infection cleared within 3 days of using Dalacin VC.
These infections can be serious if left untreated, as it can get worse and lead to PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease). So my suggestion is to get checked out by a doctor as soon as you can. :)

Reply to Girlygirl
Posted by: KB | 2010/04/16

I did go to the chemist and she gave me a cream to be inserted... Been 2nd night now, and its not really helping, but I will see. I was worried it was SERIOUS!

Reply to KB
Posted by: c | 2010/04/15

I know exactly what you are talking about! I had the same thing!!!! your symptoms and mine are identical!!!!!!
I went to the Gynae about it, and it turns out that its actually Bacterial Vaginosis. It can only be cured with anit biotics prescribed by the doctor (normally a cream) that is inserted into the vagina every night for 7 nights.
Since I used that cream presribed by the Gynae, my discharge is normal again, and its no longer greenish/yellow, watery or smelly!!!!
I totally understand what you are going through! and trust me, this is the only way it goes away!

Reply to c