Question
Posted by: Anonymous (Fatima Ahmed) | 2009/05/12

Green Viginal Discharge with offensive smell

I am very worried about my 3 year old daughter, She has been suffering from a green discharge for on and off a year now. There is always a greenish stain in her underwear and it has a very foul smell. I am a stay at home mom and except for myself and her nanny no one else takes care of her. She often has a very red and tender labia and when I apply a vaginal cream it seems to settle down, but recently the discharge is permanent and very bad smelling. I took her to the paediatrician but he told me to take her to a lady Gynae, the earliest appointment my gynae will give me is August and in the meantime, I an so worried. Could please advise me what to do and what you think may be the cause of this foul smelling, green discharge. Thank you so much. Kind Regards.

It sounds like an infection of some sort. Sometimes children push things up their vaginas and this causes infections.
There isn't really anything you can do till she has been assessed by a doctor. See if you can get an earlier appointment.

3
Posted by: Lucky | 2009/05/15

My girlfriend is 7 months pregnant, and she has a history of STDs (Vaginal Warts). She was treated for the deaseses but recently she experienced a green vaginal discharge.
Could that pose a risk to the unborn child?

Reply to Lucky
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/13

Have you told your gynae that this is very urgent and not just a normal check up appointment. Because they keep openings in their diaries for such cases. Please phone them again and if persist, try to see if you can find another gynae that could assist earlier. Good luck!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/13

Please do not wait til August before you take her to your gynae.
Rather look around and book an appointment with any other gynae in the meantime, so treatment can start sooner. Little girls her age should not be having this kind of discharge, if any at all.
Please take her asap!