Question
Posted by: Klaudija | 2011/11/09

Green Tea

Thanks for all your input.
I would like to know if it is safe for a " sticky platelett"  person to be drinking Green Tea? I have heard that I should be avoiding anything with vitamin K in it!

Many thanks.

Dear Klaudija
It is a pleasure. A person with a tendency to clot formation (which I presume is what you mean with 'sticky platelets'?), should not use green tea because it does contain vitamin K in quite large quantities. In addition anyone with clotting problems should not use herbal products which contain a mixture of herbs, because some of these herbs can also contain vit K. In such a case, one would need to contact the manufacturers to make quite sure that the product does not contain any vit K.

1

Dear Klaudija