Question
Posted by: Cutie | 2011/11/08

Green Tea

Hi Dr . Whats your opinion regarding the tablets known as The Ginkgo Green Tea Capsule sold by fine show through disrubutors . It is said to be 100 % natural but is quite expensive at R 550.00

Dear Cutie
Research studies have shown that certain chemical compounds in green tea may assist with weightloss, so I would imagine that this ingredient in the Ginkgo Green Tea Capsules should help with weightloss and not cause negative side-effects. However, I am sure this product contains other herbal extracts besides the green tea extract, which may be potentially harmful. No matter how 'natural' a product is supposed to be, components such as synephrine, guarana, harsh laxatives and diuretics, etc, can cause a whole lot of negative side-effects, including addiction. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight Loss' and 'Diet Detective' and compare the ingredients of the Ginkgo Green Tea Capsules with the lists of slimming pill ingredients to see if they can have negative effects and if they can actually contribute to weightloss.
It may be more sensible and economical to use the R550.00 to join a good gym or to buy healthy low-fat, high-fibre foods to lose weight. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet, and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/11/27

Cutie , With reference to the docs reply and your concerns regarding fine show. I do agree with the doc. Please do yourself a favor and visit http://www.transchemhealth.co.za and navigate to ingredients along the left navigation pane. There is a complete list of ingredients. I suggest you then google, interactions, and side effect of all the listed ingredients. Take note that Kudzu root although beneficial for addictive behavior, hence less cravings for sweet foods, does contain natural phytoestrogens. Should you have hormone related illness and / or signs of cancer of the breasts , you might want to reconsider. Always Google side effects and use the information retrieved by health24 and similar websites prior to just buying a product. You can also safely increase your consumption of cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger known to increase metabolism. Dandilon root tea / capsules another safe herb which help to detox the kidneys and liver, which should jump start your weightloss. Try herbex metabolism tea or attack the fat tea which contains rooibos tea, black tea , green tea , dandilon, burdock, and the like. These are in controlled quantities. Remember fine show only takes full effect after consuming for a couple of weeks. And you cannot have alcohol with it or fizzy drinks, as it will interact with the kudzu root. Kudzu root elevates your blood alcohol count. I used fine show before and really am spending the money on other more controlled suppliments now, like a tea or other herbal caps to rather assist with main cause of sluggish metabolism.

Posted by: Cutie pie | 2015/04/16

Dear Diet doc, You said above that the fine show product is harmful :"However, I am sure this product contains other herbal extracts besides the green tea extract, which may be potentially harmful." How sure are you that the other ( if any) ingredients in the product are harmful? What are the other ingredients? Regards Cutie pie

Reply to Cutie pie

Dear Cutie