Question
Posted by: Talita | 2009-10-01

green tea

I' m 20 years old. Will drinking green tea make any visible difference for later in life when wrinkles may appear? I use spf 15 face products everyday, as since being on the pil I noticed I was getting a lot of freckles, which I never had a trace of! Why must I watch out for products containing zinc oxide etc??
Thankyou

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Talita, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response but was away on a short break.

My advice would be to consult a dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation/freckles who can examine the skin and give you the best advice. One needs to differentiate between hormonally induced pigmentation and freckles to give the best advice on a treatment approach. However your first treatment choice should be a SPF of 50 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide as these ingredients are extremely safe to use on one’s skin and as importantly are very effective in blocking harmful UV rays.
Freckles are basically your skin’s way of informing you that the skin is sensitive to the sun and indicates an increased chance of sun damage and cancer. Sun avoidance should be practices including the use of hats and umbrellas.