Question
Posted by: Ina | 2009-05-20

Green tea

I drink more or less 2 litres of green tea a day. Battle to drink cold water in winter. Which brand of tea is the best? Should I still drink plain water as well or can it count for your daily water intake.

Dear Ina
The adult requirement for liquid intake is 2,5 litres in TOTAL per day. So you do not have to drink additional water if you are already having 2 litres of green tea a day, otherwise you may well wash important minerals out of your body such as potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium which can lead to electrolyte imbalances. I would suggest that you use one of the better known brands of green tea that are available on the SA market and avoid lesser known brands which may not be so hygienically packed.

1
Posted by: Patty | 2009-05-20

I read that ideally you should drink 2- 3 cups of green tea a day. I think too much isn' t good for you but I' m no expert. And I think that it can count as your daily liquids so long as it' s not packet with sugar, etc.

Reply to Patty