Question
Posted by: Tia | 2009-02-03

Green Tea

Hi doc,

I have recently started to drink 2 cups of green tea a day (no milk and sugar), and I just wanted to know what benefits there are? I want to know because I' ve read some contridicting articles, like too much causes hair loss and stuff.

I also drink a mixture of honey, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and detox drops in water. Just a little a day. Will this have any benefits?

Dear Tia
Green tea in moderate amounts will probably not have a negative effect on health and may help to assist with weightloss and prevent some degenerative diseases. It is always a good idea to do everything in moderation and even if a product such as green tea is good for you, not to overdo your intake. 2 cups a day should be fine. The honey, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice should also not do any harm, but will probably not make much of a contribution to health or weightloss. I don't know what your detox drops contain, so I cannot comment. Most detox products contain harsh laxatives which can cause damage to the system, so be careful not to have too many of these drops!