Posted by: k | 2010-06-30

Green stick fracture

hi, my 18month old baby fell on her hand was later swollen. i took her for x-rays and was diagnosed with green stick fractures. she has a POP above her elbow and has to go back again in a week''s time for the POP to be removed. my concern is will she be completely healed that she doesn''t experience any problems with her wrist in the future or will she be healed but have a weak functioning of the injured hand than the other?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

One can say as a general rule that green stick fracures in babies always heal and remodel (grow straight again) so that they usually never have problems following the fracture. You can rest assured that it will not be a problem in the future