Question
Posted by: Limpho | 2011/01/06

Green Rooibos

Doc

I have started a healthy lifestyle plan - adding fruit &  veg to my daily meals eating 6 times a day.
I have a problem though I cant force myself to drink water, is it ok if I replace water with green rooibos, I drink about 6 cups of it daily with no sugar and little skim milk or do I really need to drink Water.

Dear Limpho
I am pleased to hear that you have started a healthy lifestyle plan. There is no reason why you have to use only water to ensure the recommended liquid intake of 2 litres of liquid a day (8 cups/day)for adults. The rooibos tea you are going to use, counts towards your liquid intake as do other beverages like milk, coffee, cold drinks, fruit juice, etc.
I hope you will reap the benefits of this sensible new lifestyle you have selected.

1

Dear Limpho