Question
Posted by: Latoya | 2011/08/22

Great Women and Men

I didnt want to believe that it is true that men dont like powerful women, but i see it happening, that my friends who are extremely well off, dont last in relationship, what is the cause?
Men what kind of women do you want? if you find a woman who is well off and he love you, adores and respect you, will you not have a relationship with her because she is above you in terms of material?
i would like to hear guys response, also ladies who have had a similar experience

Surely SOME men don't like powerful women, and some do. And some women don't like strong men, and others do. Its tempting but not helpful to generalize, as there are no absolute laws about what men, or women want. We are, most importantly, individuals. Some guys feel very insecure about their own effectiveness and ability to earn well, and may feel worried with a woman who is effective, confident and successful. Others might see this as a chance to learn from her how they themselves can be more effective.
And of course, none of us are only one thing, or good at everything. You may be terrific in one area of life, and he may be better at other things. That's probably a better basis in the long term, if you are more effective together than either individually, rather than duplicaing strengths and weaknesses.
And of course as K says, a particular "powerful woman" may be horrible in other ways

6
Posted by: K | 2011/08/23

If the powerful woman also happens to be a bitch, nasty and a general pain in the arse....then yes....men would not want her. Not because of the money/power/position, but because she is unpleasant to be around with.

Reply to K
Posted by: motlalentwa | 2011/08/23

Powerful woman, you hit the nail on the head, you made my day. material conditions dont make a relationship. Love, respect, mutual understanding, etc. make a relationship. not positions.

Reply to motlalentwa

Posted by: Powerful Woman | 2011/08/22

It is irrelevant if my partner is above me or below me in any sphere- what is important is that we share the same values and ethics .Also that our goals and lifestyles are compatible- which does not mean they are the same.
I would love him if he was a prince or pauper.

Reply to Powerful Woman
Posted by: Latoya | 2011/08/22

You are very lucky, is the man in the relationship succesful as you are, above or lower?
I like the last sentence, " The Right Man will love you if you are a pauper or a princess"  powerful

Reply to Latoya
Posted by: Powerful woman | 2011/08/22

Many powerful women have very happy commited relationships. If a relationship of mine has not worked out it is because during the courtship period we were not compatable for many reasons. This is what dating is for.lf a succesful woman is dumped it is because the man may well have not found her status compatible with his needs not because she is succesful. You learn and move on and learn the signs. The right man will love you if you are a pauper or a princess.

Reply to Powerful woman