Posted by: Ant | 2009-06-30

Great Dane Puppy diet

Please help. I bought a great dane puppy, now 5 weeks old. I am very confused with all the different diets for them. Which is the best?

Dear Ant

Hills, Eukanuba or Royal Canin

Posted by: Big dog lover | 2009-07-12

Steph took the words right out of my mouth. I don' t think much of a breeder who lets the pups go to owners at five weeks. The bare minimun is 6 weeks, preferably 7. My sister ordered a Dobie pup from a breeder + although the pups come from pedigree registered parents, this litter will not be registered but she told my sister she will only get the pup when it is 7 weeks old. That tells me a lot about the breeder.

Reply to Big dog lover
Posted by: steph | 2009-07-01

what kind of breeder sends a puppy to a new home at 5 weeks !!!

Reply to steph
Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-30

Get the LARGE BREED PUPPY variety, and keep the pup on this for at least the first 18 months - yes, year and a half - before switching to the LARGE BREED ADULT version.

Get the best brand of dogfood you can, and don' t make the mistake of thinking you should provide supplements. You don' t want to stimulate fast growth, this weakens the skeletal system.

Reply to Chill