Question
Posted by: Mick | 2012-03-12

Great bike article

Excellent commuter bicycle article. Bike culture is so much more than the Argus.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Thank you!

2
Posted by: Yunie | 2012-07-11

a0a0a0a0 This review is from: Attention: Nursing School Faculty, psaele read As a student I am not in a position to compare Jarvis'' book to any others like it so I am not going to pretend that I can. I will say that the easy writing and abundance of pictures makes this book a book we love to study. It is easy to understand and seems to balance simplicity with detail, not being overly in-depth on background issues, yet giving just enough information to help us understand both the theory and practice of physical examination and health assessment. BUT HERE''S THE RUB After two months of use the book is falling apart. Entire sections have detached from the bindings, other random pages slip out singly from their location. Our use of the book has involved only reading it. There has not been any abuse, in fact the cover looks almost new. There isn''t even any bending of the corners which would point to excessive use. Other students in the nursing program at ASU have been having similar issues. Why can a book like this that costs over seventy dollars be made in such a cheap manner? Nobody holds them accountable. I plan on keeping my textbooks long after school, using them as references throughout my career, but this one isn''t even surviving a semester! Students can''t hold the publisher accountable because we do not have the power of choice. We have to buy the books that our professors choose to use. It must be the instructors who step up and force publishers to do better. I have contacted the publisher regarding the issue. I will post a follow-up to this review as they either take responsibility or do not for their slipshod product.

Reply to Yunie
Posted by: EnviroHealth Expert | 2012-03-13

Thank you!

Reply to EnviroHealth Expert