Question
Posted by: Paul | 2009-09-07

gray hair

i am 36 yrs old, african decent and my head is covered with gray. I have tried various hair colors but all they did was to damage my scalp, loss of hair and endless itches. Is there any alternative for me to dye my hair? Please help

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Paul, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately once our hair follicles fail to be able to produce pigment the hair will turn grey and no treatment exists currently to reverse this. Your only option is to consider professionally applied dyes. I recently saw a patient who commented that they use a burnt cork to dye their hair – they swear by it so give it a try and let us know.