Question
Posted by: Summer | 2008/09/27

Gray Hair

I am 23 and have noticed quite a few gray strands. i have dark hair so it is quite noticeable. (even though i highlight my hair). i know it' s genetic and my dad is fully gray but i was wondering if u could please reccommend a hair vitamin or supplement (and the exact name) which might help in slowing this process down by providing more melanin or something? Your time is appreciated, Regards.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Summer, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my answer but I have just come back from a congress.

Unfortunately there are no ingredients that I am aware of that can return the pigment loss of hair. Your only options is to use a colour enhancing shampoo or to use a hair dye.