Posted by: Christine | 2009-06-25

Could I refuse RAI - what will happen to me if I refuse any medication / treatment for this disease?

Dear Christine
Yes, it is your body and you can refuse medication.
Graves disease will cause an overactive thyroid and it can cause bulging eyes, double vision, hair loss, severe weight loss and fatique, heart palpitations, swelling of the neck and lower legs.
You can be treated with methimazole (Tapazole) or propylthiouracil (PTU) pills if you do not want to go for surgery or RAI.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

You could refuse the RAI but it would be wise if you have alternative medication prescibed eg. Neo-Mercazole as the condition do need to be treated.

Reply to Zexeon