Posted by: Letitia | 2012-06-17

I''ve been diagnosised with Graves and started taking Neo-Mercozole 3weeks ago. Tsh 0.0001 and T4 27 but I am concerned about the fact that Ive picked up a lot of weight tor the past year! almost 20kilos! Not good for my moral and I have also stopped smoking about 18 months ago, Not much difference in my diet since quitting smoking, but for the past 6 months I had the most terrible cravings, and also when I wake up in the mornings my feet are terrible sore, feels like I''ve walk throughout the night. Could that be the graves?I read that the hair loss is , but what is the relations with the rest? I had nodules for the past 15 years tested with fine needle aspirations, and negative ,but then my t4 counts where normal, what was the change in this, and now all the weight  where I should be skinny and overactive, I am tired with sore feet!!, I am on Neomercazole 20mg daily.

You will have to consult your endocrinologist, as you can end up with hypo-thyroidism. You will have to discuss your new symptoms and weight gain with your endocrinologist.