Question
Posted by: Chantal | 2010-07-16

Granted Divorce but still confused

Hi Expert
I went for our first court date today, My husband was not there, he is out of the country, I was called in and I was asked the normal questions like do I want a custody of the kids, and the maintanance, and there reason why I want a divorce which I gave 3 reasons, Then I was told I''''ve been granted divorces, After that I was lost, cause I asked myself , we are married in COP, what about the asstes, nobody advice or gave a light where to from here. I was only told to come back on the 16/08/10, Can you please good people give me light what is the next step here, is it done or do I need a lawyer to do a settlement for the assets, I am lost please help!!!

Where to go from here in order to get the custody, maintanance, Assets splits, all these items to be sorted

Your assistance will be gladly appreciated

Expert ImageFamily law expert

It is very difficult to furnish you with advice if I don't have all the facts. It seems that the court did in fact grant the divorce, but I am unsure whether the proprietary issues and maintenance were dealt with, possibly the reason why you need to be at court on the 16th.

You can furnish me with more information on info@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010-07-18

Reply to family law expert