Question
Posted by: Granny | 2011/01/21

Granny can''t sleep

I am 65 and in good health apart from the usual aches and pains. I lead an active life, cooking, gardening and light housework. I walk 2 or 3 days a week and as far as I am aware, I am not anxious about anything and do not have any serious worries. I do " nod off"  in a very light sleep for maybe an hour on and off in the late afternoon and sometimes while watching TV. I go to bed at about 10pm and take a glass of warm milk. I do not drink coffee or tea at all only Rooibos or Chamomile, yet I just cannot sleep. I doze on and off but for the most part I lie awake, not tired, just awake. Any suggestions on how I can get a good nights'' sleep ?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Dont lie in bed awake. If you are not sleeping, get up and read quietly somewhere else. You will find that you feels sleepy much quicker, and you will probably be able to get to sleep sooner.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/01/24

Reply to Sleep expert