Question
Posted by: Rienka | 2011/02/01

grandson crying

My daughter in law has MS, since my grandson was born, so she has been in hospital a lot, he was younger when they crying during sleeping, he is 2 years old, and for the last week he cries every night round about 11 o clock at night, and it is a sobbing cry which lasts for quiet some time, and he wont let you pick him and sooth him while the sobbing spell, what could the problem be, as it breaks my heart to heat him sob in his sleep, what could the problem be, let me know if you had the same experience and what was the out come.

I wish some of the more experienced mothers among our readers would respond here. It sounds like a normal crying child issue, rather than anything more complex or related to the mom's illness.
Does anything in particular happen now ( or maybe used to happen and now doesn't ) at 11 pm ? If this is a persistent problem, a child psychologist could help assess the situation in more detail, and suggest better ways of handling it

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011/02/02

Rienka is he awake while he is sobbing? He could be having night terrors, which often occurs at that age. Post on the Parenting forum too, this has been discussed there.

Reply to Maria