Question
Posted by: palpats | 2009-02-17

grandson

my 10 yr old grandson is behaving badly he flies into a rage if my daughter tells him anything the other day she told him to clean mess he says no if she tells him she punish him then he says he dont care she told him hes a brat he stated throwing things and breaking things he even hit his little sister also hes been stealing things from school what u sggest she do she is in england because v are far we cannot bring him for weekends and discipline him

If you can get access to DSTV, watch the excellent BBC parenting series such as Little Angels, and get your daughter to watch them, as they illustrate brilliantly the simple techniques for setting up basic ground rules for a child, and intriducing discipline in ways that work. Check the archives of this forum as I have discussed them often, and can't repeat this too often. If I understand that you are in Sa and your daughter in England, then she must have local access to those BBC programs, and to child psychologists eperienced in teaching these techniques