Question
Posted by: Jennifer Olivier | 2013-01-21

Grandpa Headache powders

I started experiencing headaches after the death of my father 7 years ago. I used grandpa''s as they worked really quickly. I only used them when it was necessary. My brother passed away about 8 months later and the headaches returned. Once again I started using Grandpa''s. This time, however, I didn''t only use them for the headaches. I imagined they made me feel better and even gave me energy. I have been abusing Grandpa''s since then. I went up to 16 a day. On a really bad day (when I was feeling depressed) I would take more than 20. This carried on until 3 years ago. I landed up in hospital with a haemoglobin count of 3. I was hospitalised for 3 days. I tried to stop using Grandpa, but I couldn''t. I ended up in hospital again twice last year. Once for anemia and once for migralepsy. I am really struggling to stop as I know how dangerous taking this amount of headache powders must be. My family knew about my previous abuse of Grandpa, but I have managed to keep it hidden from them since my last stay in hospital. I just can''t seem to stop. Please help.

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Jennifer,

It sounds as if you really need and want help. Addiction is a disease regardless of the substance or behavior it manifests in often rooted in trauma as you experienced when your father died.

You can give me a call on 0217907779 to arrange an assessment so we can see how we could best assist you.

Kind Regards,
Karen

34
Posted by: Emily | 2016-07-24

i am Emily Luke my heart is full of joy for what Dr Ogun Root and Herds the traditional healer has done for me, i was diagnose with cancer for the past four years, i thought my life was going to end like that, cause i thought there is no cure for this deadly disease, untHiil i came across a testimony of a young man who said that he was cure with the herbal medicine of Dr OGUN, initially i thought it was a scam testimony but i said i must also try this man to see if it true or false testimony. so i contacted this man through his email and he response to my emails and told me what to do, i kindly did what he ask me to do, and he sent me his herbal medicine and instructed me on how i will be taking them daily, i kindly follows the precaution and after some weeks i went for medical check up and my result came out with Negative.i want to use this medium to inform everyone living with cancer to stop wasting time on medical drugs and contact Dr OGUN the traditional healer for some herbal medicine that will cure you once and for all. Please contact him through his email:drogunrootherds@outlook.com please note that this man is 100% trusted and guarantee

Reply to Emily
Posted by: Jenna | 2016-07-13

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 2years I have being into HERPES drug since then,so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found this man post write about this great man calld Dr Alade, telling people about him that this man have a cured to HERPES I don’t believe that because all I have in mind is HERPES had no cure, thank god for my life today am HERPES negative through the power of Alade, I contacted this man for help because who write about him drop an email of the man I pick the email and emailed him for the cure this man told me what to do about the cure well am from Australia this man cast a curing spell on me and he told me that he will call me after the cure is done truly he did I was cured , what a wonderful man is this , if you need his cured just email him now on draladeherbaltemple@gmail.com,or call him on +2347038111854 thank you DR i will never stop shearing you testimony DOCTOR ALADE CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:- 1. HIV/AIDS 2. COPD 3. CANCER 4. ALS 4. Diseases of the heart 5. Malignant tumors 6. Cerebrovascular diseases 6. Diabetes mellitus 7. Influenza and pneumonia 8. Alzheimer's disease 9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis 10.Septicemia (blood poisoning) 11 Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis 1.1 12.Primary hypertension and hypertensive renal disease 13.Parkinson's disease (tied) 14.Homicide (tied) E.T.C

Reply to Jenna

I am addicted to Grampa powders. Even though my friend recently passed away at 30 years old from having to many Grampas, I still take them. Taking grampas caused her stomach ulcers and doctors could not fix her and her organs all starting shutting down. Grampas are a killer but I just can't stop. Its the habit I can't stop.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Alwyn | 2016-05-02

I have been taking between 8 - 10 Grand Pa Head Powders for over 40 years, without any noticeable side effects, However I never take the powders on an empty stomach

Human flesh, really! Yes, " he saId" if someone's body parts are cut they burn all of these and make grandpa. Please tell me this is not true. Can somebody confirm this please!

I hear it is mDe of human flesh, intestines and bones. Someone who worked there told me how they do it

Posted by: Sarah-Anne | 2015-12-17

Good day I just want to know what the real grandpa is please. There is a lot of different pictures on Facebook saying that they girl with the book and no legs the original grandpa. The girl with legs is the one containing tik and bicarb,i'm very confused as which one to use.

Reply to Sarah-Anne | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Twitgirlfriend | 2016-07-08

The Old man with the little girl reading a book is the Original one.I take when nessesary and not unessesarey.If you have addictive nature best to stay away from taking them

WE NEED SOME INFO ON THE GRANDPA PACKET WITH THE GIRL WITH THE LEGS

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Mo | 2016-05-04

i know this is serious but your comment made me laugh. :)

I have heard that if you can see the little girls legs on the logo its a fake or it contains tik or cocaine, now I'm not addicted to grandpa but I do use it from time to time because I suffer from migraines. Two days ago I took one (where the girls legs is shown) and instantly my tummy was in total pain, my heart jumped up and down and I felt I was drunk or high, so I am looking for answers. Is it a fake version or is it mixed with drugs, does anyone know???

CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS. SOMEBODY SHOWED ME THE GRANDPA LOGO. THEY SAY THE ONE WHERE THE GIRLS LEGS SHOW THERE IS TIK INSIDE YOU MAUST NOT BUY THAT ONE. BUY THE ONE WHERE THE HOLD THE BOOK.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Koos Myburgh | 2015-10-28

I would also like to hear the truth about this. If you perhaps get an answer, can you please also notify me or post it on Face book

Posted by: Lebo | 2015-10-03

Hi I used to take grandpa at least 4-6 a day and I have stopped since my family was complaining about it I am epileptic person but now I suffer a huge migraine and back pains after seizure. Ibupain only help for few minutes and my pain start again. How can you help please.

Reply to Lebo

Is there anyway you can add some flavor in these Grandpa Headache powders. they test bad

Posted by: David | 2015-09-25

Good day My mom has been using Grandpas sins the day she was pregnant with me and up to today she is still drinking them, my mom use to get very bad when she never had grandpas and starts swearing at us, now my mom has been in Hospital for more that 4 days due to Grandpas. she was disclose with an bleeding ulcer that could have destroyed her stomach completely, the Dr has told her to stop using Grandpas as she can land up with serious danger on her ulcers and stomach

Reply to David
Posted by: Nozuko | 2015-09-14

I started having these bad headaches on the 4th of July, I felt nauseas then I started vomiting, I had blurred vision it was so bad my manager sent me home early. I went to the clinic the day after, the gave me panado & brufen which did not help at all. A few days later I decided to go to the doctor, he tod me I had "sinus headache" then gave me a whole lot of pills still there was no change, went back again a week later, had an x-ray then he gave me different meds, still the headache wouldn't go away it got to the point that I had to resign from work because I was always sick. I've tried everything you can think of, but nothing has helped me until a week ago I decided to try Grandpa which I've been avoiding because my mother has warned me against it. I'm glad I tried it because now I can sleep at night, I take 2 - 3 a day & it works instantly. I'm now scared that I won't ever want to stay without it, its my best friend. Is Grandpa really bad for my health as my mother says it is???

Reply to Nozuko
Posted by: thembi ndaba | 2015-08-30

I'm not commenting but I'm from the group called Art Consortium primary co- op that deals with kids theatre vision and TV vision,we in need of sponsor's so can you please help us

Reply to thembi ndaba
Posted by: cynthia | 2015-07-22

I have been taking grandpa for 6 years as I was having eyes problems.it was only painkiller that helped me. Unfortunately I started to have internal bleeding so I stopped grandpa immediately. Currently I am suffng to neck and back pains I cannot stop thinking about how grandpa helped in the past. But I won't dare start to use it again I am scared

Reply to cynthia

Ive been addicted for 10 years since i lost my mother i cant stop even thou they make me sick at times i want to stop desperatly please help me

Posted by: René | 2014-12-12

I would like to know whether Grandpa Powders can cause low blood pressure? I use ± 2 to 3 powders a day, when necessary for severe constant sinus headaches, but do go without powers certain days. My blood pressure remains very low, and I feel very tired.

Reply to René
Posted by: joe madiba | 2014-11-29

hi my is name joe i've been suffering from toothache for 10days now and i've been using granpa to ease the pain,so im scared of using it continiously as i've been taking a dosage of two powders or four tablets a day for the past ten days.am i at harm if i used granpa more than ten days.please help ''scared and confused''

Reply to joe madiba
Posted by: Neville | 2014-10-07

I think Grandpa powders biggest downfall is that they work !!!!!!!!!! What relatively cheap painkiller (headache) with the same ingredients is available but not as damaging as Grandpa powders. Panados dont help one bit no matter how many I take. I suffer from a bit of anxiety and the headaches are in my opinion related to the anxiety, please correct me if I am wrong. When I was on a med aid I used Doxyfene which worked superbly. Regards Neville

Reply to Neville
Posted by: EDICA | 2014-10-07

I am a 39 I have been takin granpa powder sin 7yrs I lost my mum she fell over a bridge and the next year I lost her brother a taxi swiped him out the pavement and den the next year I was in a taxi nd truck accident my doc says depresion nd anxioty bt I'm getin bad going on 10+ grandpa a day I put it in a tab bottle so my family dnt see I knw I'm kilin myself bt I feel so good wen I take grandpa I love my family I'm the elderst wen I dnt have a grandpa I gt a bad head ace nd I feel angry nd depresd

Reply to EDICA

I am and have been a drug addict for 14 years! The need to use grandpa's or any other mind altering substance is only a symptom of the disease of addiction. I can only give advise from my experience and what has worked for me. I am now living a clean and healthy life by working a 12 step program. If you are serious about wanting to quit there is a fellowship you can join called Narcotics Anonymous. I can supply you with the hot line number:- 083 900 6962, Website:- www.na.org.za. It works if you work it and is working for me!

I've also been on grandpa's for a few year and yes it help me cope with all the stress of being a mom loosing my business and start working again for a boss again. I'm went to the doctor two weeks ago because of chest pains thinking I was dying of a heart attack but its a ulce stoop everything except gor the grandpa's and the pain was still there so I stop four days ago and the pain is much better, I just get terrible episodes of extreme weakness doctor say I must dand my anxiety is at a all time high. Docter saY I must drink bioplus, so I'm goingoiNg to try and see if it works.

Please stop taking granpas even 1 is bad, i started,bleeding as soon as i took a granpa and now 2 years later its Still causing problems even wen i took disprin it gave me terrible tummy ache and then i started bleeding again, so now i stick to panados or meds tbe doctor prescribes but it just shows how much damage it did just taking one or 2 a day over time

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)

I've stop for two days now but is it ok to just leave it don't you need to do it slowley.

I have a chronic back pain ir spasm that are unexplainable to doctors, each time they say I must change my bed or don't lift heavy stuff, and then take my consulting money and give me "moderate" pain pills that don't work, I drink one powder and the pain is gone within 15 min, you must control the dosages, and make sure you have something im your tummy and never take two at a time, if needed give a two hour space in between

I have the same problem. Is addited to granpas for the last 23 years. Good days I will have +- 10 bad days +- 20 per day. I also hid the box away from the family. My stomach hurts so much that I wake up in the middle of the night from stomach pains to go and drink a glass of milk. I never tried to stop and have no idea how to stop. The granpas calms me as well. But no with my stomach and getting pains in my chest, this must be a sign to stop. Please help. A couple years ago I went to the doctor for replacement of granpas but it did not last. I was drinking the replacement as well as the granpas.

Posted by: Cynthia | 2014-02-04

I was, very happy to say, totally addicted to Grandpa powders. Unfortunately this is what happens, in laymen terms. The aspirin thins your blood i.e. car accident you will bleed out from injuries, because the aspirin in the powders destroy the clotting factors in your blood. The caffeine makes you feel energetic and great, but only for a short time. Then the headaches begin, because the body is now getting addicted. It causes liver damage, kidney failure, and worst of all burns your stomach creating ulcers etc, A friend of mine use to take 6 to 8 per day for a few years. One morning we went to her room as she was still sleeping, well so we thought. He was dead lying in a pool of blood. He bled himself out through the skin and organs, because his blood was so thin and the clotting factor in his blood was destroyed. He was only 28 years old. This is how you stop. You only buy one grandpa and only 1, you will have to take this over a few days, with a box of panados. or a pain killer that contains no caffeine or asperin. Paracetamol is ok. Everytime you feel like a powder, you dab your finger in the grandpa (small dab, just for taste) and put on tongue, thereafter you take2 panados. You will for a few days experience headaches, but this will soon go. Your energy will be low, but this you will overcome. On the 2nd day you can start using barrocco c which is a multi vitamin, you dissolve the tablet in a glass of water and drink after breakfast or even a piece of bread if you don't have time. Google search high energy food and compile a diet, unless you want to die of course, the choice is yours. .

Reply to Cynthia | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: hazel | 2014-05-22

Hi Cynthia, I would really like to have your opinion on my question please. What if I use only two Grandpas a day, is it still a bad idea to on keep using it. The other day my aunt had a heart attack, a vein in her brain burst and now she can't talk or eat and her left side is paralysed. She also uses Grandpa headache powders regularly. What could have caused this? I'm scared because the doctor said that they can't do anything for her anymore only prayer can help. Help me please!!!

The energy isn't imagined because Grandpa like many of these painkillers includes caffeine. And that's the only part that should be physically addictive too. It is dangerous to take such large doses of paracetamol and aspirin regularly though and with the doses of 20 a day you probably have a caffeine dependence, so you need to break your psychological dependence on the powders. You could try watering them down (e.g. mixing in increasing quantities of fructose) or switch to a brand that does not contain caffeine, instead getting your caffeine from coffee or tea.

Posted by: Vinish Nannan | 2013-04-05

I take between 5 to 6 Grandpa headarche powders a day. i don know how to quit the habbit also i do suffer of head arches and doctors tell me it is stress. I dont understand because when I atke a Grandpa I find that instant relief. Please help me to quit.

Reply to Vinish Nannan