Question
Posted by: Neville | 2011-04-06

grade A esophagitis

Hi Dr.
I have been diagnosed with " grade A esophagitis"  after a gastroscopy and colonoscopy (IBS diagnosed). I suffer from mild GERD symptoms (burb up liquid and stomach acid after meals). I already eat 6 small meals a day, and I gym 1 hour every morning on empty stomach (to avoid reflux with food in stomach while exercising). I try to avoid wheat, bad fats, etc. I also do not eat 2 hours before bed, and I take pshyllium husks and Digestive Enzymes (Solgar) with every meal 6 times per day. The Gastro Doc said the grade A esophagitis is so small that no medication or surgery is recommended. So I would like to try and solve this naturally, without using the dreaded and expensive medications available (Nexium, for example). Do you have any advice for me, other than the measures I already take (for 2 months now) ? Thanks so much for your time.

Neville

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any natural treatment but the measurements that you are currently taking is good. If you smoke, you should stop smoking and refrain from alcohol intake.