Question
Posted by: TooYoung | 2008/10/14

Grabbing on to thin air

I am looking on the website and find many places where you can find help for being down, but I don’  t want to just talk to anybody - just not in me.
I am around 23, way too young to suffer from this degree of depression, but I am running out of space to go to and run to. I have been over the edge and back with alcohol, luckily never down enough to go via the BETTER stuff.
My brother was killed a couple of months ago, and this will be the first time that I will truly say I have a problem, a very big problem that is getting out of hand. I have never been more useless and disappointed in myself about work, than now. My parents moved away so I am only seeing them around four or five times a year, and we don’  t talk about this when we do see each other, as they have their out trouble to sort out.
I have a girlfriend and things was great, but due to this I am constantly avoiding sex and we fight about me not being there, this doesn’  t help as it just give me more to worry about. I am running out of ideas and my mind state is scaring the living hell out of me.
I have never felt more alone that now, standing in a crowd of hundreds of young people but nobody to talk to.
I got the advice I need to go speak to my GP!? I don’  t have a fix one as I am quite healthy and only visit the drug store for basic stuff.

Where to? How do i find someone that can help me?

Actually, once you start working with someone trained to be helpful, you'll find it far easier to talk about whatever is troubling you, than you seem to expect. Alcohol is a very depressing drug, and may have added to your experience of depression --- which is, in itself, a very treatable condition. To have lost your brother, especialyl in such a way, would be trouibling for anyone, and the more so as you are effectively alone at present. Lin is right --- call Lifeline and/or FAMSA< and find a counsellor who can help you sort this all out, and, if the newly healed you has any remaining problems within the relationship, they can help with that, too

4
Posted by: frus | 2008/10/14

hi there...you certainly need to speak to a proffessional and over the phone might be a start for you and once you get comfortable talking then you can see someone face to face. and you know waht i think maybe you should speak to your girlfrned and be open about waht is happening with you so that she understands and doesnt pressurise you. i also have a boyfriend who is stressing about a lot of things right now and he is pushing me away and he has told me once before that i am the only one that he can talk to and now he is not talking and i see him getting worse. this is frustrating me and im always depressed aswell...so maybe you dont know waht your girlfriend is going through. she is probably stressing as well. so do talk to her...

Reply to frus
Posted by: frus | 2008/10/14

Reply to frus
Posted by: frus | 2008/10/14

Reply to frus
Posted by: Lin | 2008/10/14

Either call Lifeline or FAMSA. You need professional help. With the help of a professional you' ll be able to sort this out. If you go on like this by yourself, you' ll sooner or later crack and then what?
You can even go for a couple of rounds of relationship counselling so that your girlfriend understands better.

Reply to Lin