Question
Posted by: Llewellyn Studti | 2009/10/27

GPs administering anaesthesia

Dear Doctor

My query is a general one. I was wondering if you could advise, in practice how often it occurs for General Practitioners to administer anaesthesia in wisdom teeth extraction procedures instead of the anaesthesia to be administered by an anaesthesiologist? Is this common practice?

Thank you for your time

Llewellyn Studti

Hallo Llewellyn
Dentists are allowed to administer local anaesthesia and conscious sedation in the rooms but any full anaesthesia should be done in a fully equipped theatre and by a trained person ( either a qualified anaesthetist or a doctor with anaesthesia experience)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/27

Hallo Llewellyn

Reply to cyberdoc