Posted by: Lisa | 2011-08-24

GP or Optometrist

My Teen is suffering with a pain in her eye. This has been going on for a while. It was painful at first only when she was reading but now even if she is not reading it hurts. She has not injured the eye, no discharge or redness or swelling. Her last eye test was about 4yrs ago. She says she doesn''t have any blurred vision. Should I take her to a GP or optometrist. Not on a medical aid.

A painful eye should be investigated. Forunately, there are no immediate symptoms of concern, like a painful red eye with visual disturbance. There must be a reason for her complaint of pain in her eye and it should be addressed by consulting an opthalmologist.