Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/07/26

gp not helping

how do i get help if my gp isnt helping . i dont want to hurt myself or anyone else but it is getting difficult to control myself when the anger or helplessness takes over

I gather you have discussed some problem with your current GP and find him/her not really helpful. OK, it happens. YOu can consider changing to a GP that you find easier to work wioth, but with serious problems of self-control, etc., this is FAR beyond what a GP is wualified to deal with, and so ask for an urgent referral to a psychologist for assessment and advice

2
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/26

You need to see a psychiatrist and/or psychologist. Depression and Anxiety Group helpline: 8am-8pm (011) 262-6396, they could help you find someone in your area. You do not require a referral from your gp. Take care.

Reply to Maria