Question
Posted by: Logen | 2009-03-25

Gout Attacks upon eating Red Meat.

I suffer from gout. I Have attacks on a 4 to six month frequency. Sometimes when I feel an attack is imminent I taks a colchicin houde and it goes away. I have alcohol regularly and I never seen to have a problem with that. The moment I have red meat, in very small quantities, I can feel the gout attack coming on the next day. I know that I have to keep away from red meat, but the moment the body knows that the craving seems to be graeter. How can you assist.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Logen

Although gout attacks involving joints in the foot are very common I can't answer a quetion that relates to gout and diet. I suggest asking a dietitian or GP.

Chris