Question
Posted by: Brian | 2010/04/15

Gout

I suffer from gout , like today it has attacked all my joints,i take 600mg of puricos and 0,5mg of colchcine everyday,this still does not help,i have had several operations as the gout started eating into the bones and tendons and worst of all I have pain all day long

Hallo Brian
Where do you live? There is a clinical trial ongoing in South Africa on a new gout medication (injection) that reduces pain and inflammation.
Alternatively you should see a rheumatologist for specialist treatment. See also http://arthritis.about.com/od/gout/ht/treatgout.htm
for examples of alternative treatments.

3
Posted by: Brian | 2010/04/16

Hi Dr Bets, I live in Kempton Park and I have been to see a rheumatlogist,

Reply to Brian
Posted by: John | 2010/04/15

I am also on puricos 1/day.
Colchcine I only use when I have an attack.

[1 and then 1 every 2 hours till you vomit. Then stop. You are very sick but the gout is gone. Do not listern to me, ask your Dr.]
What also helped for me is drinking lots of " de-ionized"  or distilled water. (lots & mdash >  5 L and more/day till attack is over)
[de-ionized water very clean, no salts or minerials]

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/15

Hallo Brian
for examples of alternative treatments.

Reply to cyberdoc